Wednesday, December 19, 2012

on a lighter note

Today I got to see something that was very beautiful to me. I saw my two youngest little ones say grace before they ate their doughnuts. This is something I have been working on for a while. Not just the saying prayers before they eat their doughnuts but before they eat they food in general. They are just now getting to where they do it all the time. I am so proud of them. Any how, I went to the kitchen and my second oldest told me that she wanted to say her prayers. Hearing that put a smile on my face :). Shortly after my youngest said she wanted to pray too.  I could not tell you how proud and happy  that made me. When they said their prayers, it was both beautiful and adorable . To the best of my knowledge it went like this:"Thank you for the doughnuts, thank you for mommy and daddy, thank you Riley, thank you for eating doughnuts, thank you for Podder (their older brother), thank you for aunt Micky(their aunt Nikki) and thank you for this day." Amen.I have say that that was the light of my day to hear them pray. To me there is nothing better than hearing my kids thanking God for their food, and for their day. Again it was wonderful to hear especially after the recent tragedy that happened last week. I know that they still pray with their eyes open , but baby steps. Besides it still counts in my book. I am just happy about them wanting to say their prayers before they eat. I really love how they are thankful for the smallest things. I want to try and be like that and be thankful/grateful for the small things. I think that will be one of my goals before and at the beginning of the new year is try and be thankful more. For both the small and big things. I know one thing, I am very thankful for my kids and my family. I am also thankful for my pets Miko, Bella and our latest addition Rudolfa. I am thankful for my sister inlaw and her dog Anna. Nikki is helping us out alot, and Anna loves the kids and is very protective around them. I am so very thankful for them. There are just so many things. I would to try and have the faith my kids have as well. Its is so beautiful to see their faith. I love them so much. Okay well that is all for tonight. I will talk to you all later.

1 comment: